Please send resumes to email@example.com
The Receptionist is responsible for performing secretarial functions in an assigned office, including greeting patients, answering phones, and scheduling appointments.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- 3-5 years experience in a medical practice.
- Greets individuals arriving at the office courteously and ensures that their needs are met.
- Obtains necessary patient registration information at each office visit.
- Retrieves and enters electronic medical health information.
- Prepares patient information for visits.
- Facilitates efficient patient flow through the office by notifying the appropriate clinical staff of patient arrival.
- Completes record releases and other complex forms or reports in a timely manner.
- Answers telephones and schedules appointments.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility.
- Takes and relay messages in a timely manner.
- Completes patient encounter forms and collects payments.
- Prompt, courteous and helpful during interactions with internal and external customers.
- Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Performs other administrative support tasks and duties as assigned or required.
- Other duties as assigned by physician.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of the healthcare field, medical specialty at the practice and medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Ability to complete tasks under time constraints with little supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in a team in a flexible, dependable manner.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.