Please send resumes to email@example.com
An allergist/immunologist is a medical doctor specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of allergic and immunologic ailments.
Required Education and Experience
- Training in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics with completion of an approved Allergy and Immunology Fellowship.
- Licensed to practice in the State of MI.
- Board certified/board eligible
- Examine and treat disorders and diseases of the immune system.
- Manage and prevent immune system disorders like autoimmune / immunodeficiency diseases.
- Prescribe and administer patient medications.
- Utilize laboratory procedures and various biological and chemical analysis to identify harmful organisms or pathological conditions.
- Consult with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Develop medical treatment plans.
- Diagnose medical conditions.
- Evaluate treatment options to guide medical decisions.
- Investigate and treat allergic diseases and immunological disorders in patients
- Examine patients, use medical instruments and equipment to perform allergic tests
- Find and analyze the cause of allergic reactions
- Perform clinical tests to discover allergies
- Prescribe suitable treatment to allergic patients
- Study epidemiologic aspects of allergies and immunology disorders
- Record each patient's medical history
- Ask patients about their allergic reactions and try to identify causes and treat symptoms
- Monitor the patients and see if symptoms disappeared
- Order and maintain medical equipment and allergic tests.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Expertise in standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the field of allergy / immunology.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat diseases.
- Ability to talk and connect with patients to convey information effectively.
- Ability to listen and understand information.
- Ability to continue Medical Education to maintain medical or professional knowledge
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of tasks using a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Demonstrate good people skills, composure, compassion and clear-thinking during crises.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and logical reasoning
- Focused, ethical, organized and gives attention to detail
- Able to perform well without close supervision
- Self-motivated and dynamic.